12 January, 2010

Project # 1: Soft Pretzels


After a lot of thinking I decide that my first project was going to be Soft Pretzels, because I love them and they are not very popular in my country; I thougth it would be easy and simple but it wasn't, it was quite the opposite but it was challenge rigth?
The first part was really easy, well mixing some of the ingredients, however the amount of flour is huge, then the mix have to rest for an hour in order to grow, so I use that hour to clean all the mess the first part had made, hoping the second part would be simple.
But it wasn't, it was actually pretty hard, I mean off course is not impossible but making the exact pretzel shape was imposible so I decide to make simple stick pretzels (not as pretty), then you have to poach them and God! is hard, they lost their shape. After that everything was easy.
I spend 4 hours making this recipe and I have to said that even if the pretzels doesn't look like the ones you buy at the grocery story or at the mall, they taste as well as those, so all the time and patience show at the end. Even when I didn't get the perfect pretzels I was expecting I feel happy with the result, OK they are not the most pretty pretzels but they taste good and my family love them!
So tell what you think about them!





XOXO
m
Recipe:http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/soft-pretzels

1 comment:

  1. Omg!, I loveeee it, I love the skin, I love the recipie, I love the pictures, I love your project. It's way better than what I thought it was going to be!. Im sorry I didnt post a comment before.. I was too busy with college work. I want more recipies! too lovely.

    Love, Gossip

    ReplyDelete